For several years, Grand Haven Area Public Schools has been offering students the opportunity to take online courses through Michigan Virtual University (MVU). Our experience with MVU has been a good experience for our district. MVU offers many classes aligned to the Michigan Merit Curriculum (MMC). Please review the Parent Letter outlining the details.
For more information on Expanding Online Learning and the Implementation of 21f, please click on the link.
If your student is interested in enrolling in an online course, please make sure that you follow the steps listed below.
1. Review and discuss the Characteristics of Successful Online Learners.
2. Review the link to Parent Guide to Online Learning published by MVU.
3. Print and complete the Online Learning Questionnaire.
4. Review the courses offered in the Michigan Virtual High School Course Catalog.
5. Print and complete the Online Learning Application Form.
6. Return the above forms to the school counselor/principal
7. Schedule a meeting with the counselor/principal, student, and parent/guardian during the course registration window
8. Complete the Online Learning Contract
9. Complete enrollment
If you have questions regarding online courses, please call your building principal or your guidance counselor.